We decided to jet off to the lake for the weekend, knowing the weather wasn't going to be in the 70's and 80's like it had been a couple days before, but we embraced the idea of having some R&R and maybe even doing a little fishing! It certainly was windy and cold, so the only fishing done was by Scott! Ain't nothin' going to hold him back! HA! I, on the otherhand, thoroughly enjoyed staying in my PJs and snuggling in front of the TV most of the time! However, we did get in gear, on Sat. afternoon, and headed out to take a tour of the Longhorn Caverns, which are just about 20-30 mins. up the road from the lakehouse, in between Burnet and Kingsland! We had a blast -- the Caverns were amazing and gave us many "Kodak moments!" We are so blessed and thank the Lord for such a fun and relaxing getaway spot! Until next time... for now, it's back to work tomorrow!!! -TScott getting the boat ready to be put up

Longhorn Caverns -- the entrance to the park!
A rock formation in the shape of a dog and no, I promise I did not mean to point directly at his rear-end!!!
Sitting in an area that was made to be a "bathroom" for miners...Scott anticipated that I would "squat" a bit more for the photo op!
Scott almost hitting his head!
An amazing view - I couldn't believe we were so far underground!
Ta-Da!
Just beautiful!
Goofing around!
It got hot down there - at times, it was 80 degrees, the tour guide told us -- hence the reason for Scott starting to peel off layers!
And, the infamous bat at the end of the tour...is it real or not? Scott was skeptical because it was the only one we saw and the tour guide had his flashlight on it for so long! Don't bats like the darkness? Hmmm...
The entrance to the Caverns at the end of our tour
Climbing stairs to the top of a watchtower overlooking the Hillcountry
Yep, it's a castle, right smack-dab in the middle of the Texas Hillcountry! The name of it is The Falkenstein Castle. It's amazing to see off in the distance!
Lake Buchananour view from the backyard...the water is so low these days
And, the lakehouse that kept us so warm and cozy all weekend long!
Tina!!!!!! Yea!!!! I'm so excited that you have a blog! And I just saw the most recent picture of Macee Jane that I've seen in a while. I can't wait to add you to my list and creative minds must think a like b/c we have the same background!!! I can't wait to keep up with you guys this way!
ReplyDeleteCandie (Katie's BFF)