The last weekend of April, I surprised Scott w/his early 30th bday present -- a trip to D.C.!!! I had this trip planned since Dec. '08 and couldn't WAIT to let him in on it! It took a lot of preparing so that Mr. Birthday Boy would not find out a thing! My plan was to not tell him about our trip until the day before we were to fly out, and...I pulled it off! There were so many details to take care of, but everything worked out just fine, esp getting Scott out of work for 3 days!
I led him on a sort of scavenger hunt, through our house, looking for clues in places such as our bathroom, the hallway closet, and kitchen. At the end of his search, Scott found an envelope w/a poem I had written him and our e-tickets for the flights! He was soooo surprised! He even told my dad, on the phone, "I haven't stopped smiling!" Awwww!
We had a great time being tourists and seeing the sights - from museums to memorials - it was a fun trip! We were blessed to have been able to stay w/my Aunt Theresa and Uncle Don too - they were the BEST hosts!!! Thank you so much for your hospitality, ya'll - we felt like we were being spoiled at a B&B! We love and miss you both!
Here are some pics from our trip! Scott had a great birthday, overall, w/dinner and a movie on his actual bday and then the next day we ate sushi w/our friends Dan and Ash, as well as Katie, Chris, and Macee. Scott has extended his bday all the way to today since he was able to go buy a much-anticipated band saw w/all his bday blessings (aka: money) from family and friends!
I'm pretty sure he's enjoying being 30!!!
Mount Vernon - the home of George Washington
Standing at the front entrance of Mount Vernon
Back of Mount Vernon
Standing in front of the Potomac River (in the backyard of Mount Vernon)
On the metro (check out Scott's "murse" - man purse!!!)
Arlington Cemetery





















Hey Tina! I ran across your blog from The Denman's blog (whom I do not know, but was good friends with their sister/in law Sasha who was recently burned www.supportsasha.blogspot.com). Anyway, small world! Looks like you are doing great!! Hope to see ya around soon!
ReplyDelete