Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Our Summer, in Pictures...

May 2010...
The start to our summer was a great one! Right after our motorcycle ride, we learned we were pregnant again! Sadly, we endured another miscarriage in June. More on that later in this post.
We celebrated Mother's Day in San Antonio! It was fun to share our pregnancy news w/everyone! A little early to tell folks, some people may say, but we've learned it's nice to have a support group if something were to go wrong.
Here is Scott's Mom (Grammy) with 3 of her 4 grandbabies!!!
On Weds., May 12, 2010 two wonderful things took place...Scott celebrated his 31st birthday and Chris graduated from Nursing School!
WAY TO GO CHRIS!!!
Congratulations, Chris & Happy Birthday, Scott!
We are proud of our guys!
Scott making a wish...
Later on that night, Chris and Katie threw a party for the Nursing School graduates at their home! It was the "Sumo Smackdown" complete w/sumo wrestling, a bounce house, BBQ, keg beer, a DJ, and burning of the students' scrubs!!!
This party was too much fun!!!!!!
We spent Memorial Day at the lake like we always do!
This weekend was all about family!
Here's one cute family...Lisa, Haylie, & Chad!
And, another good-looking family...Katie, Chris, Macee, & Max!
June 2010...
June was a month of laying-low! At the beginning of the month, I had to have another D&C because of the miscarriage. So, the first week we didn't do too much of anything. Exactly two weeks, to the day, of me going in for my D&C, Scott had to rush me to the E.R. because I was experiencing flu-like symptoms that did not subside for about 4 days. After several tests, we were told that I had meningitis! What?!? Needless to say, I was admitted to the hospital for two days so that they could monitor me. It took me two l-o-n-g weeks to fully recover - I have never felt so miserable!
Because most of the month of June was spent in a surgery center, the E.R., a sterile hospital room, and days/nights sleeping on the couch and in our bed, we don't have ANY pictures to display! It's really rather pitiful! However, we are thankful for the bumps in the road and firmly believe our precious Lord was, yet again, teaching us patience and reminding us where our focus must be -- on HIM! I'm glad to now say I have found peace in all of this and that life does go on! It's amazing, and a gift, to just be alive and HEALTHY!!!
July 2010...
The 4th of July Weekend was also spent at the lake! We can't be at the lake w/o taking a sunset picture! The sunsets are always beautiful and they astound me each time I get to witness one right outside the back door!
Scott working the waves on the wakeboard!
We celebrated Grammy's 60th birthday at the lake!
All the grandbabies wanted in on the cake!!!
The birthday girl, her children, and their children!
And look who else we get to hang out w/at the lake?!? Tim and Amber! Amber's parents bought a house on Lake LBJ, which is about 15 mins up the road from our lakehouse! We stopped by their place a couple times that weekend to say hi! I can't wait to see my soon-to-be nephew playing around this place soon!
One weekend while Scott was away at the coast fishing, I headed to Dallas for a girls (and baby) weekend! I was able to meet Traci's new little man,
Patrick James Redding...
...play around w/this little guy, Mr. Parker Bills!
And, yes, his expressions are stinkin' priceless!...
...and finally, meet Parker Trimble Brown! Proud parents Kristen and Benton, unfortunately, did not make any of the pictures (sorry guys)! My heart melted when I walked in their front door, was handed my new little buddy, and he went fast asleep on my shoulder! Awwww!
August 2010...
The first weekend of August, I flew to Lubbock for Amber's baby shower! Here I am w/the HOT mama-to-be before we left for the shower!!!
My sweet mom (soon-to-be "Mama Jo") and her best bud, Linda!
One of the many wonderful gifts Amber received at her shower!
This one was one of the coolest! A firetruck just like Daddy drives!
Seriously, how cute are they?!? I can't believe they'll be parents in less than a month! And, Scott and I can't wait to meet Bryson Thomas Distel!!!!!!!!!!!
After my flight back to Austin, Scott and I decided against our Sunday chores and, instead, drove to a winery that is about 40 mins from our house!
It was such a laid back and super fun afternoon!

One Friday evening in mid-August, we gathered the Chessher and Sahl families together at the Salt Lick! Who could pass up cold beer, yummy BBQ, and this fantastic group of family and friends?!? We were gathering together to send this handsome man back to Iraq...The guys: Daniel, Scott, Joe, Chris, & Dave
The gals: Maianne, Katie, Tina, Kathy, & Ashley
The next day, we drove to Victoria to celebrate
our niece, Sydnee's, 1st birthday!
The birthday girl, her sweet parents and one extra-large cupcake!
Scott's dad, Don and stepmom, Bonnie (otherwise known as Grandpa & Grandma)!
I love this pic -- such a precious family!
COMING SOON: Our week-long vacation at the lake!
That post will have to wait for another time! Until then...

1 comment:

  1. yayyyy...you're back! love you...can't wait to see you guys soon...

    ReplyDelete