Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Mexico

The week after Christmas, Scott and I both had the WHOLE WEEK off work - together!!!! We were first planning a motorcycle ride somewhere different and fun, then we thought the lake might be a cheaper (and somewhat warmer) plan for us, until...I received a sweet call from my dear friend Bridget, right before Christmas, asking if we wanted to join her, her husband Brad, stepson Bryce, and in-laws, in New Mexico for a few days -- on a fabulous 30,000+ acre ranch, nonetheless, w/free lodging! We just had to get there! ROAD TRIP! We didn't have any other specific plans but to arrive when everyone else did and just relax and have fun! And that is exaclty what we did! We explored the ranch by riding around in the Jeeps and Rhinos (looking for wildlife), chatted for hours (it was SO FUN to catch up w/the newlyweds), ate such yummy food, watched several movies by the fire, visited Raton, NM and Trinidad, CO, and above all - had some R&R!

After about 5 days on the ranch, it was time to say our good-byes. I have also always wanted to visit Santa Fe, so before Scott and I trekked back to Texas, we decided to detour in Santa Fe for two nights to ring in the New Year! We had a blast in that precious little town! I was in tourist heaven w/all the shops, eateries, and TURQUOISE everywhere!!! We walked around the square both days and went into the San Miguel Mission, Loretto Chapel, and the St. Francis Cathedral! We also visited two breweries - a fave pasttime for sure! Everything was so beautiful in Santa Fe - esp since all the buildings and streets were dusted w/snow! Even though our week long trip meant many miles spent in the truck barreling down the highway, Scott and I would not trade that vacation for anything! It allowed us to get away from our reality and enjoy God's beauty of friendship and nature! I loved welcoming 2010 that way!
P.S. A special THANK YOU to Brad and Bridget for the invite and The Moorhouse's for allowing us to invade your space (and family time)! We missed the other Walker's - Jess, Seth, and Charlie!
Tongue River Ranch
Antelope -- everywhere!
Elk, seriously! They were so magnificent to watch!
A view from our Jeep ride up into the mountains
Our very beautiful and relaxing accomodations
The view from our kitchen window

Standing on the front porch
Beginning our Rhino ride into the mountains - it was so COLD!

Brad and Bridget Walker - they are so adorable!

Me and my "Bridge"
A quick, and cold, pic on the side of the road b/c the moon
looked so amazing! This picture doesn't do it justice!

Santa Fe, NM

The square/market area

and, at night w/all the Christmas lights still lit up!

Loretto Chapel - known for its miraculous staircase!
The famous staircase

San Miguel Mission
Scott and I lit candles, in prayer, at the Mission
(and to ring in the New Year!)

Our fave spot...

CHEERS to a super fun trip packed w/great memories!

1 comment:

  1. These are some great pics T. Looks like such a fun trip! Thank you for my goodies from Santa Fe, I love them.

    ReplyDelete