Last Wednesday (February 17th, to be exact) I celebrated my 3-0th birthday! The day before, I decided I would take the day off of work and spend my special day however I wanted! The morning of, my sweet and thoughtful husband said, "You are only 30 once, let's drive to Fredericksburg and hang out!" Now, this meant A LOT to me since Scott did have to work (shhh, don't tell) and he also really didn't feel good. So, after a yummy breakfast-taco brunch and a quick trip to REI to get my bday gift, we were on the road! Our day was simple and sweet -- we started out at Torre di Pietra Winery where we sat and shared a bottle of wine, cheese, hummus, crackers, and chocolates! Then, we strolled around town -- didn't buy a thing, just enjoyed the beautiful weather and each others' company! Amidst the day, I received an abundant amount of calls, emails, texts, and Facebook messages (not to metion the gifts and cards I had already received) from my precious family and friends! I seriously felt like the luckiest and most blessed gal!!! What love I felt on my milestone birthday! Thank you all for making my day so special, esp my main man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you all!OH YEAH - and later that night, we met up w/my co-worker, Barbara, and her husband to celebrate her birthday -- same day, just different year! We are sistas who are 20 yrs apart! She turned 5-0 on Feb 17th! We all enjoyed a yummy Thai dinner - the food, as always, was amazing and the company was super fun! Happy Birthday Babs! I love you!


p.s. I was really hopin' my bday present, this year, was to be pregnant and that was almost the case. We suffered another miscarriage again - one that actually ended w/me having to have a D&C on Feb 12th. I understand most of you already know this info, but I wanted to thank EVERYONE for their prayers and thoughts that have seen us through this difficult time. Scott and I are sad, yet hopeful. It was hard for both of us and still is. I know God will give us our PERFECT GIFT, but only in His time -- whether it's my birthday or not. I can't wait for that gift and I will treasure it more than anything else I have ever received in my entire life -- you can hold me to that.Jeremiah 29:11
" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.' "




Sweet sweet post, girl. Love you lots. I think a lot of you guys and I don't even remember the last time we were around each other. Still thinking and praying for you.
ReplyDelete