Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Beef! It's What's for Dinner!

The other day, my friend Traci sent out a recipe exchange, via email. I love, love, love getting new recipes, especially ones that are quick to prepare, don't ask for too many "exotic" ingredients, and are super yummy!

So, the recipe I shared in the email exchange is now posted on our blog! Try this one on for size - you won't be disappointed!

We are eating this meal tonight and I will prepare it for some friends, next week, who just had their first baby! Enjoy!!!

(For those of you who mostly look at blogs for the pictures, like I do, there will be a new post coming soon of our last two weekends in the metroplex...just so much going on right now and no time to blog - ahhh!)

Easy Slow Cooker French Dip

Ingredients:
- 3-4 lb beef roast
- 14 oz can beef broth
- 10 1/2 oz can condensed French onion soup
- 12 oz can beer (I use a dark beer like Shiner Bock Black)
- 8 French rolls
- sliced provolone cheese
- butter

Trim excess fat from roast and place in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup, and beer. Cook on low setting for 8 hrs. Preheat oven to 350. Split the French rolls and spread with butter. Place a slice, or two, of provolone cheese on each roll. Bake 5-10 mins or until heated through. Slice the meat on the diagonal and place on the rolls. Serve the sauce for dipping. This is also good w/sauteed onions thrown on each sandwich! Enjoy!

p.s. Scott LOVES this easy meal -- he said it's as good, if not better, than the one at Jason's Deli!

1 comment:

  1. yummy! I love french dips so I'm going to make this. This is about as detailed as I like to get with recipes:)

    ReplyDelete